If you believe you or someone you love is having a life-threatening emergency. Call 911 and let the EMS responders handle transportation to the ER.
Accidents happen fast. Emergency care should too.
Whether facing anything from a life-threatening illness or injury to a common bump, our two emergency rooms serving the communities of South Tampa and Northwest Tampa are known for our excellent average ER wait times. Our emergency care physicians, nurses and specialists are prepared 24-hours a day, seven days a week. We strive to make your time in the waiting room as pleasant and as brief as possible.
Coming to our ER - What to expect
When you first get to the ER, a triage nurse will ask you about your symptoms and take some vital signs. Once you have seen a health care professional, a registration clerk will get information for your medical record and insurance. Whether or not you have insurance or are able to pay, you will be medically screened, evaluated and stabilized.
What to bring with you to the ER
- List of medicines you take or the actual medicines
- List of known medical allergies
- A copy of results from any recent medical tests
- List of recent medical procedures
- Care preferences or restrictions
- A responsible adult or phone number for someone to contact
Before you are sent home, ask any questions you may have about your care. Make sure you keep all your paperwork, discharge instructions, and medicines if you receive any.
If you have a primary care provider listed in your medical record, we will give them a copy of your visit summary. Contact your primary care provider after you visit our emergency room. If you don’t have a primary care provider, we’re here to help you find one. Search Find A Doctor and make an appointment.
- 18 Patient beds at Memorial Hosptial of Tampa
- 21 Patient beds at Tampa Community Hospital, A Campus of Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Staffed with emergency medicine specialists
- Referral capabilities to physicians in all medical specialties who are on immediate call in case of emergency