Imaging center in Tampa, Florida
Today's advanced imaging technology makes it possible to see inside the human body more clearly than ever before. At Memorial Hospital of Tampa, our hospital offers sophisticated imaging equipment. Our investment in this technology means you'll benefit from quicker, more comfortable procedures and faster, more accurate diagnoses and treatments.
To schedule an imaging appointment, please call our imaging department at (866) 463-7202.
Advanced imaging procedures
Our imaging department performs a wide range of diagnostic and advanced imaging procedures, including:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Nuclear medicine
- Fluoroscopy (also called an "X-ray movie")
- Digital mammograms with computer aided detection (CAD)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Interventional radiology
Complete breast imaging
Annual breast screening is a critical component of the annual healthcare plan for women 40 years old and older. Early detection is one of the best advantages in fighting breast cancer. The mammographers and radiologists at our hospital are committed to providing high-quality imaging services for women.
Our breast health services include:
- Digital mammograms
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
The imaging department at our hospital is designed with patient comfort in mind. The friendly staff is dedicated to making your experience as pleasant as possible. For the convenience of our patients and their referring physicians, we provide:
- Easy and flexible scheduling, including walk-in appointments
- Convenient, nearby parking
- Comfortable waiting areas with refreshments
- Test results available quickly
Faster, better communication
We use a fully digital imaging system, which means your doctor has immediate access to your imaging results and can view them from anywhere—including at home, the office or the hospital. We also implement electronic archiving, which makes your hospital record easily accessible to authorized hospital staff. If you come back to our hospital in an emergency situation, your information is instantly available to you doctors and nurses for faster care.
Commitment to low dose radiation
Memorial Hospital of Tampa is proud to be one of the only hospitals in our area offering the latest technology in diagnostic imaging with the added benefit of lower patient exposure to radiation. Intelligent dose management has been incorporated into every aspect of our CT studies.
The advanced technologies at our hospital automatically calculate the best technique for each imaging exam to deliver the lowest dose of radiation without sacrificing image quality. For example, CT scan radiation at our hospital has been reduced by at least 30 percent, while continuing to produce high quality images.
Preparing for your imaging exam
If you have a scheduled appointment, please discuss the imaging exam and any special instructions with your doctor prior to your arrival. If a test is ordered while you are a patient at our hospital, your physician, nurse or technician will explain the procedure and answer any questions you have.
The following guidelines will help you be prepared and comfortable for your procedure:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes (you may be asked to change into a hospital gown)
- Do not wear items containing metal (you may be asked to remove jewelry, watches, hairpins, eyeglasses or dentures)
- Ask your doctor if you need to go without eating or drinking 24 hours prior to your procedure
- Tell your technologist if there is any chance you are pregnant or if you are currently breastfeeding
- Tell your technologist if you are allergic to shellfish, iodine, X-ray dye or contrast agents
- Be prepared to remain still for a prolonged period of time for certain procedures