Substance abuse treatment in South Tampa
No matter what type of addiction—whether it is drugs, alcohol or other substances—all patients are welcome to begin the healing process at The Oasis. The Oasis is Memorial Hospital of Tampa's dedicated substance abuse recovery center located on the campus of Tampa Community Hospital.
The staff at our hospital is dedicated to providing the behavioral health care and skills each patient needs to get their lives back on track. We are proud to be Hillsborough County's leading hospital-based detox unit.
To learn more about our hospital-based detox program, please call The Oasis at (866) 933-3869 or (866) WE-DETOX.
Medically supervised detox
At The Oasis, we not only promote sobriety, but we also prioritize helping each patient regain their life through a variety of therapy programs and appropriate medical care. We believe any time is a convenient time to seek the help you need.
We offer a variety of behavioral health services and amenities through our medically supervised detox program, such as:
- Evaluation and intervention services for an initial assessment and treatment plan
- Three to seven day detoxification program from alcohol, opiates, benzodiazepines and various other addictive substances in a medically safe and monitored environment
- Private, 16-bed inpatient unit
- Certified addictionologist on staff (a physician specializing in the medical care of patients with substance use disorders)
- Support groups and additional resources, including:
- Aftercare services and connecting patients with community resources, such as outpatient psychiatry and housing support
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings available at our hospital
- Family support through aftercare planning and connection to Al-Anon (program that offers support for friends and family members with a loved one who is an alcoholic)
The specialists at our hospital recognize the importance of an individualized treatment plan. Each patient is assigned a primary counselor responsible for providing dedicated care.
Following detox, patients may continue with education and outpatient group therapies with our highly trained staff, while maintaining a healthy family and work-life balance.
Personalized care and support
When you receive care at The Oasis, your health and well-being are our top priority. Our staff will do everything they can to make sure you have all the continued care and support you need to achieve and maintain your sobriety.
Upon admission, every patient receives a thorough physical examination and evaluation to determine the need for further treatment. In addition to a healthy, medically supervised detox and individualized treatment plan, we ensure every patient eats a healthy diet. Patients also receive daily conferences with their physician to review diagnostic reports, progress, discharge status and future recovery plans.
All of our patients are medically supervised through a safe detoxification and withdrawal process. Each patient receives 24/7 care from our medical staff who are trained in the specialty of addictionology.
Family support services
Patient care is our top priority, but we recognize the important role that family and friends play in supporting our patients. Caring for a loved one with an addiction or substance abuse problem can be both mentally and physically exhausting. For this reason, The Oasis provides support services for friends and family of our patients.
The staff at our treatment center provides a program for friends and family that emphasizes education within the context of family dynamics.
Admissions to The Oasis
Preadmission screenings, insurance verification and more information are available by calling The Oasis at Tampa Community Hospital at (866) 933-3869 or (866) We-Detox.